FAQ & Returns
Charges & Cancellations
I have an allergy, how do I found out what each products contains?
Each of our products list which allergens are present alongside a full ingredients list on our website. At our bakery you can ask any of our team members. Please note that although some of our products are dairy/gluten free and do not have nuts in the ingredients, they are baked in an environment in which all of these items are handled. If you have any questions or concerns, please ensure you email us on email@example.com ahead of ordering.
What should I do if I haven’t received my confirmation email?
You should receive your confirmation email within an hour of placing your order. Please ensure you have checked your junk or spam inbox. If you didn’t receive anything, then please send us an email on firstname.lastname@example.org for us to investigate.
What is your refunds policy?
- Due to the tedious, handcrafted nature of our products, we are unable to provide refunds or exchanges for custom orders.
- Once you or a designated party has picked up an order and signed for it, it is considered “accepted” – we will ask to make sure that everything is correct such as the design, spelling, etc. Refunds requested due to decorating style, writing, colour shade, or general design will not be honoured after accepting your cake. In some instances you may bring the cake back in for design adjustments but this is an additional charge if the cake has already been accepted.
- All products are the responsibility of the customer once it leaves our shop. We are not responsible for any damage occurring to the cake during transport, set-up or any time thereafter. You will be given instructions on how to carry, transport, and store your cake upon pick up. Keep in mind that cakes are very fragile and damages can happen if not handled properly – such as cracks, smudges, melted frosting, etc. We only give refunds in accordance with refund policies stated below.
- Cake flavour and texture is subjective. Full refunds requested due to flavour or texture after the cake has been accepted and picked up will not be honoured. You may qualify for a percentage of a store credit if the product is brought back and the quality of the cake flavour or texture is determined to not meet our standards. Cakes must be brought back to us within a timely manner and within 24 hours of pick up – please call or email us promptly to let us know of the issue. Quality determination is solely at the discretion of Prestige Patisserie. Please understand that we cannot issue refunds for cakes that have already been completely eaten.
- Store credits or refunds of any kind will not be issued to customers who do not contact us within 48 hours for any of our items.
- If you come to our store for pick up or if upon delivery the cake does not meet your expectations, we will give you a 50% refund (minus 50% handling/cancellation fee). This refund will be given as a store credit (no cash/money refunds will be given) NOTE: If we give you a refund, you CANNOT keep the cake. You can only get the refund if you refuse to “accept” the cake. We will NOT negotiate a partial refund if you keep the cake. This is a “take it, or leave it” policy. We are not responsible for any expense you may incur for replacing our cake.
- We do not give refunds under any other circumstances and refunds are only given within 7 days.
Cancellation / Changes
Changes and cancellations to orders are accepted until 96 hours (4 days) prior to scheduled pick up time. No refunds will be provided for any payments made on the order no matter the amount – if cancelled at least 96 hours in advance we will be happy to transfer any payment made on that order to another order within 3 months from that date. We will provide no other refunds regardless the circumstances.
Guarantee / Disclaimer
We do all that we can to make sure that your order is decorated to the specification on your written order form. Upon pick-up of your cake, adjustments can be made for an additional charge if it was not stated on your original order, but this us subject to the availability of the Head Baker. If for some reason something is not decorated correctly as stated on your order, we will make every effort to make the necessary changes right away. Every order is hand made. Decorative finishes are done by hand and are subject to the artistic interpretation of our expert cake decorators. You may provide us with a photograph for inspiration and duplication; however, we make no claims for exact duplication of the work done by other cake decorators. All orders are subject to these policies listed above.