Cake FAQ & Returns
What size cake should I order?
Please see the below guidance for an idea of how many people our cakes serve:
- 9 inch cake. Gives 16 generous portions or 40 finger portions
- 10 inch cake. Gives 24 generous portions or 50 finger portions
- 11 inch cake. Gives 35 generous portions or 60 finger portions
- 12 inch cake. Gives 50 generous portions or 75-80 finger portions
How shall I store the cake?
Our cakes are made with fresh cream, and often fresh fruit! Please ensure it is kept in the fridge, even in the winter and especially on warm days! If you’re transporting your cake in a car on a warm day – ensure it’s in a secure place and flat down with the air conditioning on.
How should I serve the cake?
Take it out one hour before serving for maximum pleasure.
How long does a cake last?
Our cakes are made with fresh cream, so we recommend they are eaten within 3-4 days when kept in the fridge.
I have an allergy, how do I found out what each products contains?
Each of our products list which allergens are present alongside a full ingredients list on our website. At our bakery you can ask any of our team members. Please note, although we have some vegan and wheat free cakes – our products are prepared in an environment where they may come into contact with WHEAT, EGGS, PEANUTS, OTHER NUTS, and MILK. We cannot guarantee our bakery is completely free of these allergens. For more information, please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org before ordering.
Charges & Cancellations
What should I do if I haven’t received my confirmation email?
You should receive your confirmation email within an hour of placing your order. Please ensure you have checked your junk or spam inbox. If you didn’t receive anything, then please send us an email on email@example.com for us to investigate.
What is your refunds policy?
- Due to the tedious, handcrafted nature of our products, we are unable to provide refunds or exchanges for custom orders.
- Once you or a designated party has picked up an order, it is considered “accepted” – we will ask to make sure that everything is correct such as the design, spelling, etc. However, taste in design is subjective and if the cake fulfils the brief you requested and in accordance to our Head Bakers judgement, then we will not consider refunds. Design adjustments are an additional charge. Refunds requested due to decorating style, writing, colour shade, or general design will not be honoured after accepting your cake. In some instances you may bring the cake back in for design adjustments but this is an additional charge if the cake has already been accepted.
- All products are the responsibility of the customer once it leaves our shop. We are not responsible for any damage occurring to the cake during transport, set-up or any time thereafter. You will be given instructions on how to carry, transport, and store your cake upon pick up. Keep in mind that cakes are very fragile and damages can happen if not handled properly – such as cracks, smudges, melted frosting, etc. We only give refunds in accordance with refund policies stated below.
- Cake flavour and texture is subjective. Full refunds requested due to flavour or texture after the cake has been accepted and picked up will not be honoured. You may qualify for a percentage of a store credit if the product is brought back and the quality of the cake flavour or texture is determined to not meet our standards. Cakes must be brought back to us within a timely manner and within 24 hours of pick up – please call or email us promptly to let us know of the issue. Quality determination is solely at the discretion of Prestige Patisserie. Please understand that we cannot issue refunds for cakes that have already been completely eaten.
- Store credits or refunds of any kind will not be issued to customers who do not contact us within 48 hours for any of our items.
Cancellation / Changes
Changes and cancellations to orders are accepted until 96 hours (4 days) prior to scheduled pick up time. No refunds will be provided for any payments made on the order no matter the amount – if cancelled at least 96 hours in advance we will be happy to transfer any payment made on that order to another order within 3 months from that date. We will provide no other refunds regardless the circumstances.
Guarantee / Disclaimer
We do all that we can to make sure that your order is decorated to the specification on your written order form. Upon pick-up of your cake, adjustments can be made for an additional charge if it was not stated on your original order, but this us subject to the availability of the Head Baker. If for some reason something is not decorated correctly as stated on your order, we will make every effort to make the necessary changes right away. Every order is hand made. Decorative finishes are done by hand and are subject to the artistic interpretation of our expert cake decorators. You may provide us with a photograph for inspiration and duplication; however, we make no claims for exact duplication of the work done by other cake decorators. All orders are subject to these policies listed above.
Website Design by Tremulant Design. Photography by Andre Ainsworth.